As I read or listen to new books I will be leaving a short review here in our blog and recommend one of actions listed below for each book.
- Skip It for those books you needn’t bother exploring. You only have so many books you’ll read in your lifetime and I don’t want you to waste it on one like this.
- Skim It for those books that deserve some consideration. Maybe use a highlighted copy and read the yellow parts or even run by the bookstore and just browse the chapter headings. There are a few useful tidbits in these books but not many.
- Borrow It is for books that you really ought to read fully. Once you’ve read them, send them packing so they don’t clutter up your life. You may not need them again, ever.
- Buy It are books you need to own. These books need a place on your shelves either in hardcopy or electronic format. They are books you’ll think about and lend out. Books you’ll look back on and be glad you own.
- Study It are books that need a physical presence in your life and something close at hand. They are books you’ll review over and again. You’ll be reading your own highlighting and think “That’s a great point!” all over again. Few books deserve this level of consideration and fewer still will hold this level of recommendation over the course of your lifetime.